Kara is one of our very talented part-time leasing consultants who works with us while going to college. Kara started working with us in May 2014 and has already gained a lot of experience and skills and is a valued member of the team. She’s helped lease at pretty much all of our offices and even helps several mornings a week at our brand new SummerHouse community to clean & prepare our apartment Flats. We’re thrilled to have her and look forward to being part of her college experience for the next couple years.
So without further ado, take a few moments to get to know more about Kara.
(1) What is your favorite “local” place to eat in Bloomington? I love to eat at Upland Brewery. They have amazing food and drinks. Often times on the weekend they have live music outdoors. It’s a fantastic atmosphere that should definitely be taken advantage of.
(2) If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive, who would it be and why? I would love love love to have dinner with a 25 year old Elvis Presley. I’ve listened to all of his songs, watch all of his movies, and am completely obsessed with him. I’d probably sit there and ask him a million questions about how he came out of his shell and eventually became one of the biggest influences on Rock ‘n’ Roll out there.
(3) If you were stuck on an island and could only bring one object, what would it be and why? I would bring my ukulele! I love fiddling around with it. It keeps me entertained when there is absolutely nothing else to do.
(4) What is one piece of advice you would give to a new renter? Read the reviews when apartment shopping! I know I’ve compared Renaissance Rentals to several other apartment complexes in Bloomington; as far as I can tell, RenRen is the best! We live to make sure our residents are comfortable and happy.
(5) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? Hawaii is where I’d go. You’re surrounded by gorgeous landscapes, sandy beaches, and a warm environment. I’d want to learn more about ukuleles, visit a pineapple farm, and surf!
(6) What was you favorite childhood game or toy? Probably my old kettcar! You’d sit on this four wheeled contraption and pedal yourself around. My brothers and I would use them as bumper cars. Only one person in our family broke an arm from it, though! (my twin brother was in the way, okay?!)
(7) What is a piece of technology from the past that you miss? I really miss my giant purple boom box! My brothers and I would spend hours listening to NSYNC, the Back Street Boys, and especially Brittany Spears.
(8) Would you rather be able to fly or be invisible and why? Flying would be so cool! I hate walking… and I’ve always had a love for capes.
(9) Favorite website to waste time waste time on? Reddit. It has so many different things to choose from! I go there for the laughs, mostly.
(10) Android, Iphone, Other or I don’t care? iPhone all the way! Siri is my best friend 🙂
1,611 total views, 1 views today