Where should we begin? Laurie hails from our great Norther Neighbor, Canada. We like to tease her about that, not sure why… we all like Canada. Laurie moved to Bedford after marrying her husband, Marty. Laurie has been a valued member of the Renaissance Family since March of 2009. She is our Operations Manager; which means she manages just about every behind the scenes aspect of our business. We don’t even want to think about what it would be like if she wasn’t working with us.
We asked Laurie a few fun questions to get to know her a little better. Check out those questions and answers below.
- What is your favorite “local” place to eat in Bloomington? The Outback – The obvious choice – steak!
- If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive, who would it be and why? My mother. She passed away 11 years ago and I would love any chance to be able to sit and talk with her again about everything.
- If you were stuck on an island and could only bring one object, what would it be and why? My bookcase (with all the books of course). My favorite way to spend my time alone is reading so this would be my ideal choice of item if I was stranded.
- What is one piece of advice you would give to a new renter? This is your new home. Think of it and treat it as such and you will be happier and more comfortable.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? Alberta, Vancouver, Canada. I love mountains and have always wanted to see the Canadian Rockies scenery.
- What was you favorite childhood game or toy? Monopoly board game.
- What is a piece of technology from the past that you miss? My 8 track stereo. I would lay in bed with my earphones on listening to music.
- Would you rather be able to fly or be invisible and why? I would rather fly – you can go anywhere and I would be able to soar around the Rockies I would like to see!
- Favorite website to waste time waste time on? Pogo.com I can go there and play card or word games.
- Android, Iphone, Other or I don’t care? I don’t have a smart phone. I am still on the flip phone version for my high tech cellular device. 🙂
1,190 total views, 1 views today