Nathan started working with us in January 2015. He is a part-time leasing consultant with us & a full-time Music Composition doctoral student at the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music. If all goes well, he will graduate in 2018; we hope he continues working with us until then. Nathan’s hometown is Vera Beach, FL (obviously he came to Bloomington for better weather). Nathan was actually a Covenanter Hill resident when he heard about the part-time leasing consultant opening with us. According to Nathan (fact check if you’d like), he was impressed with the Covenanter Hill staff and wanted to be part of the team.
Take a minute and learn 10 fun facts about Nathan…
- What is your favorite “local” place to eat in Bloomington? Mother Bear’s for sure! Best pizza I’ve ever had. And they usually have a great selection of beer on tap!
- If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive, who would it be and why? I’d love to have dinner with the director David Lynch. The way his mind works is fascinating and I’ve greatly admired his films for a long time. I’d love to hear about his creative process and more about how his ideas develop.
- If you were stuck on an island and could only bring one object, what would it be and why? Something to signal passing ships or airplanes for sure. I don’t want to be an extra on Lost!
- What is one piece of advice you would give to a new renter? Know who you are renting from! You want to make sure that your landlord is easy to reach, approachable, responsible, and accountable. Rental companies sometimes perform a background check when one applies to live in one of their communities and a new renter should take similar steps when evaluating companies. Check out online reviews or speak to someone who’s lived with them previously before making a decision!
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? I’d travel to Iceland. From the pictures I’ve seen, it looks like a beautiful country. Also, it’s a very safe, progressive place with a fascinating culture.
- What was you favorite childhood game or toy? I loved to play the Legend of Zelda games when I was younger and still keep up with the series today. I can’t wait for the next game to come out for the Wii U!
- What is a piece of technology from the past that you miss? I miss the old NES and SNES. Playing video games on those consoles entertained me for years when I was younger. While I still play some of the old classics on a computer, I do miss the feel of the old controllers and some of the silly idiosyncrasies of the older systems. Anyone who’s ever had to blow out an old cartridge will understand!
- Would you rather be able to fly or be invisible and why? I’d much prefer to be able to fly than to be invisible. Flying sounds like a blast AND an efficient way to travel. Gas prices… am I right?
- Favorite website to waste time waste time on? poorlydrawnlines.com features a great webcomic. It appeals directly to my sense of humor. Awkward, surreal, lots of cats – it’s perfect.
- Android, Iphone or other? iPhone for now!
1,120 total views, 1 views today