Start Date: March, 2020
Position Type: Full-Time, 40 hrs/wk
About us: Renaissance Rentals is one of Bloomington’s finest locally-owned businesses. We are a successful, growing apartment development & property management company with 30+ years experience in the Bloomington market. We own and manage over 1000 apartments across seven communities. For more information, visit us online here!
Job Description & Qualifications: We are looking to hire a career-oriented, handyperson to join our team. We believe you will enjoy and succeed in this role if you are positive, friendly, hardworking and enjoy working with your hands and solving maintenance, home repair and home remodel issues. We prefer someone that has some handyman, maintenance, or construction experience.
This position will have flexible hours and can allow you, for example, to be available to drop off and pick up kids from school!
In this position, you will…
- Assess and complete resident maintenance requests in a professional and timely manner, all while providing excellent customer service.
- Find opportunities to improve our apartment homes, working with leasing managers, subcontractors, and other maintenance techs to implement improvements
- Hire, schedule, and manage subcontractors for specialized work such as plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, etc.
- Report potential lease violations and property condition issues to leasing manager.
- Share after hours on-call responsibilities with the rest of the full-time maintenance team.
Job requirements & qualifications
- A positive attitude, friendly disposition, and good communications skills.
- General handyman skills: carpentry, electrical, plumbing, etc.
- Enjoyment of maintenance work and a job well done.
- A reliable vehicle, preferably a truck
- Past experience in home repair, home remodeling, construction and/or apartment maintenance.
- Ability to carry heavy items (50+ pounds) and to walk up and down stairs/ladders several times a day.
- Limited computer/smartphone skills. We use email, texting and an online work order system.
Application method: If you are interested in applying, please send your cover letter and resume to Eric Dainton at edainton@renaissancerentals.
173 total views, 2 views today