Start Date: February or March 2014
Hours: ~40 hrs/wk, ~8:00AM - 4:00PM
Starting Wages: $10.50/hr
Job Description & Qualifications: We think you'll enjoy and succeed as the Renaissance Maintenance laborer if you are positive, friendly, hardworking, punctual, reliable, you don't mind working alone or in a team environment, you enjoy working outdoors, and you have general maintenance skills and knowledge.
Your main objective is to keep our communities looking beautiful inside and out. What does that mean specifically? You are responsible for:
- cleaning offices
- picking up trash and litter
- reporting property damage or visible lease violations to the brand manager
- inspecting and replacing community trash cans, dog waste stations, and cigarette butt receptacles
- keeping grounds in great shape through landscaping projects such as trimming bushes, pulling weeds, watering plants, etc
- replacing interior and exterior light bulbs
- shoveling snow and disburse ice melt during snow/ice events
- assisting help maintenance technicians with turnovers by tearing out carpeting, removing leftover belongings from apartments, etc
- assisting maintenance technicians & brand managers with maintenance related projects - this can include replacing furnace filters, cleaning dumpster areas, moving heavy items, maintaining community grills,etc
- touch up cleaning inside apartments
- finding opportunities to improve the grounds and working with managers to implement these improvements sharing after hours on-call responsibilities with the rest of the full-time maintenance team
This opportunity requires you to have a reliable vehicle, as there is traveling between our various locations each day. You are also required to lift heavy items (50+ lbs) almost every day. Previous work experience in a comparable role is preferred, but not required.
Vacation and paid time off are offered to all full-time employees. Optional health insurance plan is available to all full-time employees.
Application method:To apply, please send a quick cover letter to email@example.com detailing why you are interested in this position and also your qualifications. If you have a resume, please submit that as well. You can also submit your application materials to MeadowCreek, 3321 S. Cheekwoood Ln., Bloomington, IN 47401